A photo I took at The Denver Zoo in Colorado.

Friday, September 28, 2012

Nicaragua!

Nicaragua!

I spent 9 days in Chacarasaca, a small community 2 hours outside of the capitol Managua. I also went to Nuevo Amanacer, a small community built by my High school that developed in the mid '90's. When I went, I was on a strict community service trip where we built houses, did bio-intensive farming, went to the schools to teach, and most importantly joined the community to get to help people who live in a third-world country. We were able to bring supplies to them that they are not necessarily able to get by themselves.
Nicaragua, mountain, Central America, community service
This is the largest mountain in Nicaragua.

This is what the city of Leon looks like, a popular and more advanced community in Nicaragua.

2 comments:

  1. Your community service trip sounds amazing! Can't wait to tune into more of your traveling experiences!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to South America with my high school it was amazing, this totally makes me want to go back even more!

    ReplyDelete